Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Soothing scent

29th June 2013
No man can taste the fruits of autumn while he is delighting his scent with the flowers of spring.
 
I had a scrumptious breakfast at the hotel before checking-out. The breakfast was fairly average but enough for me to choose. It's a complimentary breakfast, so I'll not be picky about it much. I just wanna grab a bite and save more spaces for the rest of the day.
 
Bf drove around the hill while I was keeping a lookout for strawberry farms.
 
 photo IMG_5863.jpg
#Little Cottages
 
We went into one of the strawberry farm cottages. The exterior of the cottages looked really cosy, but not the interior. It looks more like a home (very old and vintage type) rather than a resort. The room may not be in a very good condition but it is really good and comfortable for big groups travelling at a tight budget. I caught a glimpse of guests barbecuing along my way into the alley of cottages. 
 
I believe it is similar to those minsu in Taiwan. The smell and breeze was soothing as there was a strawberry farm (not meant for visiting purpose) right beside the cottages. 
 
 photo IMG_5872.jpg
#Up the hill
 
 photo IMG_5878.jpg
#Bf and I
 
There were quite a few them (Strawberry Farm), but we chose the one that was located at before the road to BOH Tea Centre. The weather was perfect, cooling despite the powerful glare from the scorching hot sun. Thank god, I got my shades on. No one should ever gonna see my small eyes hiding behind the shades.
 
 photo IMG_5880.jpg
#Strawberry Farm
 
 photo IMG_5883.jpg
#Picking strawberries
 
 photo IMG_5884.jpg
#With my first
 
 photo IMG_5889.jpg
#Strawberries
 
 photo IMG_5894.jpg
#With our harvest
 
We had a tiring time searching for big, red and ripe strawberries. No one wants a sour berries. We went searching up and down for the juicy ripe ones. Bf did the harvesting while I am busy taking shots always. It wasn't narcissism but my negativity towards strawberries from the farm.
 
A couple of years back, Tard and I travelled to Genting Highland and plucked a load of strawberries from a strawberry farm. All the strawberries turned out to be really sour. Ever since then, I trusted only Korea and USA ones. I was force-fed by bf and surprisingly, it turned out to be sweet. I bet it was the weather that did the little magic to the fruits.
 
 photo IMG_5895.jpg
#Berries in a basket
 photo IMG_5912.jpg
#Berries ♥
 
Paid for our strawberries before heading our way to BOH Tea Centre. So near yet so far. We were near to our destination but took a really long while before our arrival. The road to BOH Tea Centre seemed dangerous to me (Alright, do give me the benefit of doubts because I don't drive and I am not familiar with road in poor condition). The road goes around the mountain (round and round). You got to be really skilful and careful because there are blind spots where you won't be able to see oncoming cars. There's only one lane but cars of 2 directions (back and fro) shared the same lane. There's no divider (which means, you are looking right down the hill). It was scary though.
 
 photo IMG_5945.jpg
#Scenic view
 
 photo IMG_5916.jpg
#Dreadful path
 
I really wished that the car could go up the hill. Unfortunately, you can't drive up directly. Bf parked his car before making our way up the hill. It wasn't a long way to climb but the steps were high and wide. I am short and I have short legs. Well, that's a fact that I don't deny. Nothing to be shameful about. I had to stretch my leg almost to the maximum for every single step. I suffered muscle cramps for my right leg for at least a week after the trip because I used single leg (my right leg) to climb the steps. It'd be great if bf is willing to piggy ride me up the hill in future.
 photo IMG_5917.jpg
#Tea time
 
 photo IMG_5925.jpg
#Having high tea with bf
 
 photo IMG_5924.jpg
#Wide spread of snacks
 
I wanted lychee tea initially. Unfortunately, it was so popular that they had no more stock. I made do with something else instead. The breeze was cooling and I was reluctant to leave.
 
 photo IMG_5928.jpg
#Tea-making machinery
 
 photo IMG_5930.jpg
#Factories
 
They had open house for visitors to take a look at how tea is made. The factory was filled with aroma of tea leaves and it was really refreshing.
 
 photo IMG_5927.jpg
#Big teapot
 photo IMG_5915.jpg
#Scenery
 photo IMG_5947.jpg
#Upon leaving
 
I bought some tea leaves from BOH tea centre before heading my way to the Bee Wax Farm. We stopped along out way and it was a creepy experience. I really don't like it. I'll probably not return again, not even for the sake of honey.
 
 photo IMG_5954.jpg
#Bees
 
 photo IMG_5957.jpg
#Bees Farm
 
You can see millions of bees in the wooden boxes. The boxes were sealed but you will see bees along the entrance into the box. I was mad paranoid walking along the pavement of the farm picturing bees flying after me. I got really sensitive and began to itch even though I was not stung by any bees. I hate insects.
 
We made our way to Lavender's Farm next. I shall stop here and continue another day.
 
Have a nice day.
 
Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: