Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Ice ice baby

19th January 2014
A career is wonderful thing but you can't snuggle up to it on a cold night

I always wanted to bring my parents out because I wish to broaden their horizon. Old people tends to enjoy staying indoor, yep and I'm referring to my parents. I could not find time especially in November when I was spending my holiday in Taiwan followed by December New Year Eve's Countdown. It's a matter of time management. Maybe you think that I failed to plan, well, I think I planned well though. It may not be the most perfect plan. At least, nothing went wrong along the way. It was a smooth and fruitful journey. 

I had been really busy lately because of work, work, and yeah simply work only. Schedules had been changed again and again like there's no ending. I ended up working for 5 days because of the poor schedule. My eyes roll instantly each time I look at my full month schedule that was packed like sardines. Oh lord!

Let's get back to my day then. Bf treated my parents to 2 Degree Ice Art (exhibition of ice) located at Marina Bay. Bf treated us to a late lunch at Din Tai Fung. Yeah, I can have my favourite soup dumplings. Even so, I still prefer the one located at Chinatown. Hopefully it has reopened for business.

 photo IMG_5863.jpg
#At lunch

 photo DSC03344.jpg
#My family

Yeah, I have a happy family even though we had dispute at times. Still, everything goes well at the end of the day. My mum was looking forward and she showed a turned off face upon realising that she had to put on the ugly jacket. She was told that it's gonna be -5 Degree Celsius in the hall. 

 photo DSC03349.jpg
#Bf and I

 photo DSC03356.jpg
#Exquisite pieces of art

 photo DSC03366.jpg
#Ice sculpture

We put on the jackets and gloves before entering the hall. It wasn't really cold until 10 minutes later. My fingers and feet started aching. Feeling cold, my fingers turned numb and I couldn't walk fast. 

 photo DSC03367.jpg
#Ices

 photo DSC03389.jpg
#All covered up

It was so cold that my parents could no longer take it. We ended up scampering our way out of the hall. It was really comfy out there. We found a seat and grabbed some bites. In fact, it was bf who decided to grabbed some bites. He simply eats everywhere he goes. To think that he actually blamed me for his recent weight gain, I felt unjust for that.

The he complained to my mum about me dumping all sort of leftovers to him or even to an extent of not eating after a sniff. I'm rather picky about food. I'll not eat it if it's terrible in my point of view. My concept is not to torture my stomach without a valid reason. 

There are times when I passed by stalls and thought that food is gonna be so good until I sniffed it. Then I realised, the taste is totally not to my liking. As a responsible bf, I really think that it is part of his responsibilities to finish up the food. Otherwise, he will call me wasteful.

 photo DSC03392.jpg
#My cute parents

 photo DSC03398.jpg
#Jaggermiester 

 photo DSC03401.jpg
#Alcoholism

 photo DSC03405.jpg
#Making of jaggerbomb

The staff told me not to drop the shot glass into the ice mug. But you see, it's not jaggerbomb anymore if I had not dropped it into the mug. Yeah, I tried to be funny (as usual), telling the staff that I want to drop the shot glass into the mug because it's jaggerbomb. He probably finds me a troublesome customer. He gave up and allowed me to drop it in. All I have to do is to remove the shot glass before throwing the ice mug at the wall. 

 photo DSC03412.jpg
#My mug was too cold

 photo DSC03418.jpg
#Bf 's sexy pose after breaking his ice mug

We had dinner near Garden by the Bay. We walked a long way though because my dad wanted to have his dinner there. As for my mum, she was panting away due to the long walking distance and she totally detest the idea of having dinner at such a faraway place. Even so, we enjoyed the dinner very much.

 photo IMG_5869.jpg
#Chinatown

We headed our way to Chinatown to see the lights. It was really crowded but I have to agree with the fact that there's nothing much to see. Sg is really boring. Bf bought his mum's favourite snacks before making our way home. I bought a maltose candy before boarding the cab. I tasted it a few times and bf finished it for me again. There's no way for him to slim down. No.. no... NO!

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: