Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New people

30th June - 1st July 2013
The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.
 
We stayed over at his aunt's place the previous night because our hotel hunt mission failed terribly due to weekends. As you see, KL is a popular place that most Singaporeans flock to. It's a shopping heaven (I personally find it better than Singapore.) Most of the hotels are fully booked weeks beforehand. Poor us, stranded in town. Anyway, it didn't matter because his aunt resides near town. It's just a 30 minute driveaway.
 
I just can't resist Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh. According to bf, it was one of the best in Malaysia. I had to agree to it because I love it much. We wanted to have it for dinner last night but everything was sold out except for 2 or 3 dishes only (Good business).
 
I was kind of sad, but bf drove me to Pao Xiang at Shah Alam  in the afternoon. They have all dishes but they ran out of fried dough sticks (Sigh...). The soup base was extremely tasty and I was craving for it at all time.
 
 photo IMG_3888-1.jpg
#Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh
 
After our  sumptuous lunch, we made our way to Genting Highland. It was probably a less than 2 hour driveaway without jam. I kept mentioning about a cornered restaurant beside a small mushroom farm near Genting Highland. Genting Highland used to provide free shuttle bus to this place. It was not a grand restaurant but 煮炒. The price is relatively cheap there.
 
Unfortunately, Genting Highland had terminated the shuttle services to the place. I heard rumors that there were still shuttle services available despite verifying with the staff. Anyway, bf drove me to the place.
 
 photo IMG_3889.jpg
#煮炒
 
The place cannot be seen along the road. It was a 5 minute driveaway, and you had to keep a lookout and turn left. Fortunately, bf managed to find the place for me when I was about to give up. He probably enjoyed the fun of driving up and down instead.
 
 photo IMG_3891-1.jpg
#With bf at restaurant
 
 photo IMG_3892.jpg
#Dinner of the day
 
 photo IMG_3896-1.jpg
#Pops
 
After a heavy dinner, bf bought some pops to play. We used to play the ones wrap around with tissue and you had to throw it hard on the ground to here a "piak" sound. The ones we played was a little different. We used an incense to light the tail of the colourful balls. You will see small flames and sparks that go on for seconds before it all ended. I had a fun time playing.
 
 photo IMG_3907.jpg
#Back to Genting Highland
 
There were many new shopping outlets when we were there. I believe it's gonna get better each day. We walked around before heading to the Snow World. The Snow World had been renovated. It was better but dangerous for the slides. I used to play at the Old Snow World. The safety measures were good at then but not the new one. The new one had pricky fence along the side of the slide. The pricks scratched my thigh as I was on my way down from the slide. My thighs were badly scratched after playing the slide for a few times. Be careful if you are heading to the Snow World. Wear a jeans instead. I went in with shorts, that explained my minor cuts.
 
 photo IMG_3913.jpg
#Bubble and Bites
 
We headed to Bubble and Bites to chill. It was quite a new restaurant as I had not seen it before during my previous trip. The exterior attracted me much. We had 2 vodka and a pizza. The pizza came in a big portion for 2-3 pax. The friendly staff gave us a gentle reminder on the portion as we ordered a side dish as well. We cancelled the side dish upon reminder. The portion was big indeed.
 
 photo IMG_3926.jpg
#Pizza
 
 photo IMG_3928-1.jpg
#Souvenir List
 
I had been wanting to share something interesting about the hotel. I was shock and amazed to find the souvenir list. Bf spotted it first and I took a snapshot of it. You can actually buy the television and other stuffs in the room at the price stated in the above. I didn't expect a lousy television to cost RM3840. Eyes widened to the maximum.
 
 photo IMG_3929.jpg
#Television
 
 photo IMG_3948.jpg
#Bathroom slipper
 
I bought myself a pair of bathroom slippers. It was cute in leopard prints even though I am not a fan of leopard prints. I like it much. We wasted our movie tickets and slept through the night because we were tired and worn-out.
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
The following day...
 
 photo IMG_3931.jpg
#Ah Yi
 
   photo IMG_3939.jpg
#Dim Sum
 
Woke up with a bright mood and had breakfast at Ah Yi Abalone Restaurant that I'll never missed before we made our way to Kuala Lumpur for last minute shopping.
 
 photo IMG_6034.jpg
#Yoghurt ice-cream
 
 photo IMG_6033.jpg
#Yoghurt in heart shape
 
I'm not a fan of yoghurt ice-cream. This caught my attention because it was on a stick and they simply look irresistibly cute. As for the taste, it was really sour and bf finished the whole stick for me.
 
 photo IMG_6036.jpg
#Bf and me
 
After some last minute shopping, we had a light dinner at a ramen restaurant. I could not find the pictures. Too many pictures in a cell phone can be a pain in the ass. We were caught in a terrible traffic jam. I will never be able to understand the reasons for jam when there's no accident and ERP. Bf had to cut from lanes to lanes so that we can catch our bus home. Poor me, reaching Singapore at an unearthly hour 5am when I had to work at 8am. It was an enjoyable trip. Looking forward to my next road trip.
 
Have a nice day.
 
Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: